Tel: +1 347 272 0596
1213 Brook Ave, Bronx, NY 10456
History of IGA
Inspirational Gospel Assembly, formerly known as Pan African, was established in 1991 by Pastor Jospeh Osei Kuffour and five other individuals at ACORN office in Brooklyn.
When the Lord put a burden on Pastor Kuffour’s heart to reach out to the African Community, he also shared this vision with the then Superintendent James Gaylord of Eastern District of COGIC in New York, Rev. Kuffour’s Pastor. His Pastor endorsed his decision and introduced him to the then Late Bishop Ithieu Clemons, who ordained and installed him as the Pastor of Pan African Church of God in Christ.
Pastor Kuffour’s immense passion for winning souls for God, led him to aggressively evangelize on the streets of Brooklyn, in super markets, subway stations and door to door visitations. With God’s Hand upon him, Pan African Church of God in Christ grew exponentially, prompting the need for a bigger Sanctuary. As the church grew, the Lord Jesus reviled to his servant that the church name should no longer be “Pan African Church of God in Christ” but “Inspirational Gospel Assembly” as it remains until today.